Career Opportunities at LIFE
LIFE 100.3 is always interested in new recruits. If you have a passion for Christian ministry, enjoy contemporary Christian music and would like to be part of our team, let’s hear from you.
Please indicate your experience with computers, promotions, production, on-air, programming, sales or administrative work. (Most positions require previous radio experience.)
On-air / Assistant Program Director
LIFE 100.3 has a rare opportunity for an Assistant Program Director. Do you have a passion for Christian music and for the Christian Hot A/C format? Love to be local and have fun? Aspire to be Program Director one day?
This is what we are looking for:
- Work with Program Director to be sure the Music Rotations, Hotclocks, On-Air Programming, are always leaving the listeners wanting more.
- Be sure the DJ’s have the tools they need to execute the format
- Be an active On-Air Announcer with a daytime shift (Middays/Afternoon Drive – depending on experience).
- Love to use Social Media to enhance and drive content on the show
- Voice commercials daily
- Participate in station promotions and make live appearances on behalf of the station, as required.
- Voice track other shows when necessary
- Passion for the Christian Radio Format
- Minimum of 2 years On-Air experience preferred
- Working knowledge of MusicMaster, iMediaTouch, Adobe Audition, and VoxPro a definite asset
- You love to be local and visible in the community
- Valid G Class Driver’s license and a good driving record
Sales Representative – York Region
Reports To: Sales Manager
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Employment Type: Contract – Commission Based
Life 100.3 Ontario’s Christian Superstation is seeking a contract-based sales representative for the York Region market with a territory to include Newmarket, Aurora, Richmond Hill, Markham, King, Vaughan, and North York.
Ideal candidate should be goal-oriented, very ambitious, self-motivated, able to work in a high-paced environment and passionate about Christian Radio. Some previous media sales, excellent computer skills and knowledge of digital sales will put you at the top of the list of candidates.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing new business as well as servicing existing accounts, both on air and on digital platforms.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply both creative and selling skills with an independent leading Christian media company in the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceed sales target
- Exceed renewal / New business targets
- Engage existing and new clients to provide value around how clients can be more successful with our advertising solutions
- Work with clients and staff to develop compelling advertising campaigns
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to establish and manage executive level customer relationships
- Ability to handle multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously
- Align the overall corporate solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and advertising requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: listening, speaking, writing, and presenting
- Ability to resolve complex problems
- Fully utilize a CRM (Hubspot) for recording sales calls and other client interactions as well as building and maintaining a consistently strong pipeline
- Provide a consultative sales approach to clients
- 30%+ travel required
Location: Remote with 1 day onsite
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for Christian radio ministry
- Bachelor’s degree, College Diploma preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years successful experience as a direct sales executive carrying an individual quota preferred
- Previous Media sales experience is an asset
- Experience working for a small company with a growth focus preferred. Proactive and self-taught when required.
- Ability and experience selling to all levels within the organization; willing to push through all departments to win the sale
- Experience managing and directing the entire sales cycle from beginning to close
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets, including a track record in closing deals
- Candidate will be strategic in managing existing clients for renewal and growth
- Disciplined use of a CRM to record customer interactions, build a sales pipeline, provide accurate forecasts and tract sales progress
- Personal attributes include: Driven to Influence and Driven to Serve, Servant who goes above and beyond for clients, Extroverted, Competitive, Hard-working, Humble, Transparent, Honest, Self-starter, Accountable, Comfortable with discomfort and believe what we do makes a difference in radio advertising and Christian ministry
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Zoom
- Must have a reliable Vehicle
- Casual dress
- Company events
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY TYPE:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Street Team Representative
• This is a paid, part-time job available to someone with a passion for Christian music and a love for Jesus Christ.
• The LIFE Street Team is the on-location face of the station, interacting with listeners, answering questions, giving out stickers and selling t-shirts.
• The position requires the ability to lift enough gear to set up a backdrop with banners, a table, an inflatable sheep, dolphin flag, tent, etc.
• LIFE 100.3 offices are in Barrie, Ontario. From Barrie the Street Team travels between 20 minutes and 2.5 hours to get to the events within our listening area. Street Teamers are paid from door to door and for set-up time.
• The Street Team is a part of a wide variety of events including concerts, church events, community festivals and fairs and Sunday morning services.
• The Street Team must be able to interact well with both Christian and non-Christian audiences, and able to speak to the Christian format of LIFE 100.3.
1) Have a passion for Christian music and a love for Jesus Christ
2) Be available Saturdays and Sundays (and occasional Fridays/weeknights)
3) Have a valid driver’s license (G preferred)
4) Be able to lift approximately 50lbs
This is a year-round position with a busy time in the summer. Expect to work one 4-12 hour shift per weekend, but hours may differ week to week.
Sound like you? Send your resume to Crystal Martin.Email Resume to Crystal Martin
For On-air, Music, Production, Admin and Technical send your resume to:
For Sales, send your resume to:
Roy De Medeiros
For Promotions, Marketing and Street Team send your resume to:
Promotions Manager/Assistant General Manager